Please send as OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
Manuscripts must adhere to SI units and IUPAC recommendations. MitoEAGLE recommendations on terms and symbols are to be implemented.
Abstracts should adhere to the following format
- Use capital letters in the title only where absolutely necessary
- Presenting author's surname + first name initial(s) underlined, e.g. Smith JF
- Co-authors' surname + initials, e.g. Sanders HF
- If authors are based at different institutions provide a superscript to indicate their affiliations and separate numbers by comma whithout a space, e.g. Smith Jane F1,2, Sanders HF2
Affiliations and support
- Separate affiliations by semicolons and link to authors using superscripts, e.g. 1Dept VW, Univ XY; 2Dept TU, Univ Z
- Use abbreviations for Department, University, etc. (Dept, Univ), no trailing dot
- Presenting author's email address is given at the end of your affiliation after a hyphen
- Please provide 5 keywords
- Up to 500 words
- Structured in paragraphs (introduction/methods/results/conclusions) but without headers
- Provide up to four references
- As a signatory of DORA, we introduce the concept of References in BEC https-format:
- For periodical publications: 1. Chance B, Williams GR (1955) Respiratory enzymes in oxidative phosphorylation. I. Kinetics of oxygen utilization. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9258(19)57189-7
- For publications with more than 12 authors: use et al after the 1st author
- For consortia publications, mention the consortium name: 2. Gnaiger E et al ― MitoEAGLE Task Group (2020) Mitochondrial physiology. https://doi.org/10.26124/bec:2020-0001.v1
- For books: 3. Nelson DL, Cox MM (2021) Lehninger principles of biochemistry. 8th ed. WH Freeman ISBN:9781319228002
- Cite references in the text by sequential numbers given in brackets, e.g. .
- Use lower case letters for the title
- Submit up to two figures with short captions. We recommend including a graphical abstract.